Eat in Season
Family Vacations: How Gather’d Can Help as You Head Out of Town
How amazing are summers in the PNW? I mean, 9 months out of the year we live in an actual gray cloud so these hot, August days are everything. Obviously, I’m preaching to the choir here, but it’s always a glorious time of year to enjoy everything the season brings.
During these sunshine-filled days, my family tends to book mini-vacations any chance we can get. A trip to the coast, weekends camping, or a long drive over the mountains to our favorite lakehouse. I don’t know about you but traveling with kids isn’t always easy. The packing and planning is exhausting and once you have arrived everyone is hangry (please tell me that’s not just my family?).
While we at Gather’d can’t take care of everything to plan your next getaway we are here to help with the food! Whether it’s nutritious snacks for the long car ride, easy dinners to make once you’ve arrived, or specific products to take with you here are our favorite (and simple!) ways to eat while away from home.
Family Dinners When on Vacation:
These are easy to pack and come together quickly which is so important when you are cooking in an unfamiliar space. You can totally double the recipes here too if you have a large group or want leftovers for lunch the next day!
Favorite Quinoa Salad - Make ahead so dinner is already done! Add some sliced watermelon and our favorite PCC cookies for dessert.
Pasta Salad - Orzo pasta cooks up in no time which means extra time to relax by the pool.
Greek Burgers - Grill on the outdoor BBQ and no kitchen to clean up afterwards!
Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies - 20 minutes and only 1 pan = fast and easy clean up!
Turkey Focaccia Sandwiches - These literally take 5 minutes to prepare and can be customized to suit any picky eater.
Costco Chicken Street Tacos - Perfect on night one when you are still getting settled! Add some rice, beans and guac on the side and enjoy with a cold beverage of your choice. Afterall, you are on vacation!
Car Snack Essentials:
Keep everyone happy with these go-to snacks.
Products to make your vacation the trip of a lifetime!
- Rx oatmeal cups - Great for camping
- PCC Grilled Chicken breast - Chop it up, add it to a salad, wrap or grain bowl and lunch is done.
- Kirkland Signature Fully Cooked Bacon - Serve at breakfast, atop a burger or crumble into a salad. Easy Peasy!
- Siete wraps - Speaking of wraps, these are so good.
- A Dozen Cousins Ready to Eat Black Beans - Pour over a bed of rice, add salsa and guac and you instantly have a vegetarian meal that literally took 90 seconds.
- Ready to Eat Brown Rice - Ya’ll know we love these!
- Late July Barbeque Potato Chips - We are on vacation after all. Let’s snack!
- Abes Mini Muffins - Makes breakfast a breeze.
Remember, while you pack the suitcases we can pack your groceries. Let us drive around town gathering all you need. We’re happy to help!
From the team at Gather’d Market.